Monday 28 September 2015

Roasted Root Vegetables

One of my favourite cookbooks is called, "Everyday Paleo," by Sarah Fragoso.  I have two of her cookbooks that I found at Costco a while ago and love them! I don't follow a Paleo lifestyle but the recipes are clean, fresh and super easy!  This recipe is from the, "Everyday Paleo" cookbook! I hope you enjoy it!


One of the perks of this recipe is you can add in as much or as little of each vegetable as you like! I LOVE beets so this time added in a few more than the recipe called for.  

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Serves: 5

Ingredients
~4-6 small beets, peeled, and cut into small chunks
~2-3 small parsnips, peeled and chopped
~2 carrots, peeled and chopped
~1 medium red onion, sliced (I chopped it in this recipe)
~1 bulb garlic, cloves removed and peeled
~1/4 cup coconut oil
~1 cup fresh basil, diced (I used a few shakes of dried basil this time- fresh of course is always better)
~1/2 tsp lemon zest (grated lemon peel)
~Himalayan pink salt and black pepper to taste.

1.  Preheat oven to 400° F.
2.  *IMPORTANT!* Make sure to cut all of the veggies so that all of the pieces are approximately the same size!  This ensures even cooking. 
3. In a large mixing bowl, toss all of the vegetables & garlic cloves.
4.  let the coconut oil, pour it over the vegetables and add to the bowl the basil, lemon zest, salt and pepper.  Toss together until the veggies are coated with the oil and spices.
5.  Spread evenly on the bottom of a large baking dish and roast uncovered for 45-50 minutes, stirring once or twice during the cooking process.

I hope you enjoy! :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment