Sunday 24 July 2016

3 Day Quick Fix



Ok!  Believe it or not, I have never done the 3 Day Quick Fix that is included in the 21 Day Fix program when you purchase it! This is different than the 3 Day Refresh that I have done in the past. You can check out that blog post here.   That is a separate When I first began this journey I lost 9 pounds in 21 days alone so I guess it wasn't on the top of my priority list with everything else I had changed as I felt I had lost enough weight at the time.

Since having my second baby though and having less weight to lose, this challenge has been a bit more difficult in seeing fast results.  So in a crunch to lose some weight fast for an upcoming wedding, I thought I would give it a chance and it actually wasn't as hard as I thought!  So check it out and see if it is something that is for you!

The 3 Day Fix can be used as needed (but not recommended for any longer than 3 days) OR it is a good way to integrate into the end of completing the 21 Day Fix beginning with Day 19.

The PLAN:
~ Eat 6 meals per day according to the plan mapped out for you.
~Space each meal 2 hours apart.
~Drink 3.6 litres of water!
~NO SALT!  Lemon/lime juice, vinegars and spices are ok.
~Cinnamon, nutmeg or 1 tsp stevia is ok with morning oatmeal
~Drink 1 tsp of extra virgin coconut oil with meals.
~Coffee/Tea is ok -- black only and you may use 1 tsp of stevia if need be.
~You can continue your workouts!




The first thing I did was make my meal plan for the 3 days!


2. PREP
I prepped all the vegetables and all of the protein for the entire three days! I put each portion of veggies and meat into their own little ziploc bags to make for quick and easy retrieval in case my day got busy.




3.  Then I put all the veggies for each day into a larger ziploc bag and put it in the crisper in my refrigerator. I have to tell you this was a life saver having it all prepared!



Breakfast for me was the most difficult!  The plan calls for (1/2c) steel-cut oatmeal and egg whites (8 but I only did 5) and 1 tsp of EV Coconut oil to drink.  Seriously, what is oatmeal without a little maple syrup?  Ha ha!  I did get it down with the help of cinnamon being sprinkled on it but it was hard!


The rest of the meals were pretty repetitive. They alternated between fish or chicken and ground turkey for the last meal.  For Meal 2 - it included grilled chicken (3/4 c.) and steamed yams (1/4 c.). This was probably one of my fave meals throughout the 3 days!



Water is a HUGE part of the 3 days --- to the tune of drinking at least a gallon!!!  To make it seem like I wasn't over doing it, I purchased a bottle of water that was 1 litre and kept refiling it. It was nice because I knew I only had to drink 4 of them!



My EPICURE silicon steamer was phenomenal for getting me through the meals. It took only 1 min 30 seconds to heat up my veggies!  The last day I had to cook more chicken and it cooked a frozen chicken breast in less than 5 minutes!!!



If I had a "do-over" I would make sure that I was home to do this!  On Day #2 I had errands to run so wasn't consistent in getting the two morning meals after breakfast in, so I did miss a protein and a veggie that day, but I got all the rest in!

RESULTS! .... So my first round post baby in 21 Days and ending with the 3 Day Quick Fix resulted in 5 POUNDS and 7 INCHES GONE!!!!!!!   I still have a ways to go, but continuing on my journey!



If you are interested in trying out an accountability group with me then please contact me via email: sasijewelry@gmail.com or find me on Facebook

No comments :

Post a Comment