Tuesday 5 July 2016

Energy Boosting Egg Muffins


I found this recipe online and loved it! I can't even remember where I found it?! Eek! I find them delicious and that they freeze well!  So they are incredible for on-the-go!  My hubby found them too moist after freezing them but you could always leave out the zucchini if you didn't want the extra moisture. I love them!  Recipe is below!





Recipe:

6 eggs
1/2 c. skim or 1% milk (almond milk would be fine too!)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 c. cheddar cheese
1/2 c. chopped zucchini
1/4 c. each red bell AND green pepper
2 tbsp chopped red onion OR 3 Onion EPICURE spice mix!

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper.  Add cheese, zucchini, peppers and onion or onion mix and mix well.

Spoon evenly into 12 lightly sprayed muffin cups. I actually use the 1/4 c. measuring cup to divide the mixture evenly into each cup. So easy and very little mess!

Bake 20-22 minutes or until set.  Cool on rack for 5 minutes.  Remove from cups and serve warm or reheat!

21 Day Fix Plan?  2 egg cups = 1 red container



This morning I enjoyed an Energy Boosting Egg Cup & a chicken breakfast sausage, with Ezekiel toast (found in the Health Food Section) and 1 tsp of natural PB.  Oh and a McCafe coffee for a treat! Hope you enjoy! :)


No comments :

Post a Comment