Tuesday 31 March 2015

Buffalo Chicken Lunch Pita





This lunch idea was inspired by my sister and her LOVE for Buffalo Chicken Dip!  I thought I would try out the healthy version she discovered and try it for my lunches this week.  This recipe was super easy to make and is easy to pack as a lunch.  You could either make the pita open faced or closed if you wanted to depending on the pita you choose.   I chose to make my pita on garlic Naan bread this week.  An even healthier option would be to choose any pita that is whole grain.

Buffalo Chicken Topping for Pitas

~4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (medium-large)
~3/4 cup of greek yogurt
~1/4 cup of Buffalo Sauce (I used Presidents Choice brand but Frank's hot sauce is always good)

Cook in slow cooker for 3 hours on low.  When done, shred the chicken and place on a warmed pita.  Top with fresh tomatoes, chopped romaine lettuce and cheddar cheese (optional).

For those following the 21 Day Fix guide:  1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 blue (if you choose to also top with cheese).

The flavour of the buffalo chicken is delicious! If you like spicy then I recommend adding more hot sauce.  The recipe is quite mild and your children may like it too!  Hope you enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment